Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Ride


Once I got the car home it was time to unload off the u haul. The first order of business was getting the car started. The car just wouldn't start so I headed off to NAPA and got some starter fluid. Using that I was eventually able to get the car running. Had to keep the choke on till the engine was fully warm or it wouldn't idle. So I assume I have some carburetter work in store on the duel carbs.
So, with the car finally running I backed it slowly off the trailer. The transmission seemed to work fine. Going down the ramp I pushed down on the brake to stop and guess what, we have no working brakes! Well that felt special. Instead of going for a nice test drive I ended up going straight for the Garage where I plan to start working on the car. My plan is to start taking the car apart so I can finally know what needs to be done to get the car operational.

No comments:

Post a Comment